Jennifer Hunter to perform in Act Out Theatre Group’s production of ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’
Luzerne County tab exceeds $500,000 for lawsuit involving a $70 receipt
Junior League supports Misericordia University’s Women With Children program
Dallas teachers set date for second strike, but is it legal?
Young and old learn about leprechauns from storyteller Hal Pratt at the Dietrich Theater in Tunkhannock
- Court weighs challenge to get Griffith off primary ballot - 9:48 pm
- Dallas teachers picket outside school board member’s Forty Fort business - 6:41 pm updated: 7:03 pm.
- Watkinson announces run for Luzerne County Council - 5:37 pm
- Air show set for Aug. 12-13 at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport - 11:29 am updated: 5:46 pm.
- DeLuca: Union boss said teachers will ‘not pay one penny toward healthcare’ - 11:17 am updated: 2:04 pm.
- Mixed precipitation possible Friday; warmer temperatures to arrive this weekend - 7:33 am
- Jennifer Hunter to perform in Act Out Theatre Group’s production of ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ - 9:03 pm
- Luzerne County tab exceeds $500,000 for lawsuit involving a $70 receipt - 7:16 pm updated: 9:37 am.
- Junior League supports Misericordia University’s Women With Children program - 3:06 pm
- Dexter is at Blue Chip, waiting for fur-ever home - 2:59 pm
- Back Mountain residents in the news - 2:35 pm
- Back Mountain civic briefs - 2:32 pm updated: 3:01 pm.
- Misericordia University Players present ‘Godspell’ April 6-9 - 2:08 pm
- Dallas High School sophomores go out on the town to learn about careers - 1:59 pm
- Harveys Lake Road Department employees receive kudos from council for snow plowing - 11:35 am
- Luzerne County Community College Alumni Association to hold Flea Market and Collectibles Show in May - 11:30 am
- Dallas teachers set date for second strike, but is it legal? - 9:29 am
- Colder temperatures expected into latter part of the week - 7:25 am
- Luzerne County Council majority votes to take legal action against former controller Griffith - 9:58 pm
- Haas seeking another Luzerne County Council term - 7:01 pm updated: 8:39 pm.
- Police: Man beats mother, kills family dog with baseball bat - 6:53 pm
- Fluctuating temperatures expected as the week rolls along - 7:19 am
- Luzerne County solicitors reviewing outstanding community development loans - 7:51 pm
- Luzerne County Redevelopment Authority mulls selling rail from train tracks - 6:59 pm
- Back Mountain residents’ opinions sought for redesign of Dallas Township and Kunkle parks - 4:38 pm
Dexter is at Blue Chip, waiting for fur-ever home
Dexter is a 6 year young Puggle. He is a goofy boy with lots of love to give but needs a home with no children (he was never around them) and full of ...
Back Mountain residents in the news
Gajula serves internshipRamya Gajula, of Shavertown and a student at King’s College, recently began a 15-week internship experience at Intermoun...
Back Mountain civic briefs
Soup sales Fridays in LentDALLAS — Prince of Peace Episcopal Church is offering Chef John Hudak’s clam chowder every Friday during the Sea...
Misericordia University Players present ‘Godspell’ April 6-9
DALLAS TOWNSHIP – The Misericordia Players will present the Stephen Schwartz musical, “Godspell,” April 6-9 in Lemmond Theater at Wa...
Dallas High School sophomores go out on the town to learn about careers
WILKES-BARRE TWP. — High school sophomore Connor Markham was intrigued with the interworkings of Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza and the variet...
Harveys Lake Road Department employees receive kudos from council for snow plowing
HARVEYS LAKE — Snowstorm ‘Stella’ created a challenge for many road crews fighting to keep roads passable, but the borough’s r...
Dallas American Legion members learn about Veterans Court
Attorney Gary Michak recently spoke about “Veterans Court,” which was recently implemented in Luzerne County, at the Daddow-Isaac Post 674...
Back Mountain athletes fuel Holy Redeemer basketball teams
Joe Layaou returned to a more prominent role in time for the start of the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association boys basketball playoffs a...
New coach Chris Kukosky hopes to revive Lake-Lhman volleyball program
Chris Kukosky is the latest to take a shot at reviving the struggling Lake-Lehman boys volleyball program.Kukosky, the fourth coach for the Black Knig...
Lake-Lehman wrestler Bob Lipski records 100th career win
Lake-Lehman’s Bob Lipski posted his 100th career win and came within one victory of a medal during the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Ass...
Shavertown’s J.P. Natishan named First Star of the Week in Easter Hockey League Elite-19 Division
The Lehigh Valley Junior Rebels suffered through a tough season, but Shavertown’s J.P. Natishan made sure it came to a positive finish.Natishan ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
GFWC Spring Festival of Arts meeting held
The GFWC Luzerne County Spring Festival of Arts meeting was held at The Cafe. The meeting was hosted by the GFWC Past Presidents Club. Members, from l...
Coalcreative.com reps visit LCCC
Holly Pilcavage, Ryan Parpagene and Aaron Delaney, CoalCreative.com, spoke to students in the Luzerne County Community College Computer Information Sy...
Montessori School to present spring gala
The Wyoming Valley Montessori School Spring Gala Committee met to finalize plans for this year’s event. Themed ‘Silhouettes of Sophisticat...
Benefit will raise stuttering awareness
The National Stuttering Association: Northeast Pennsylvania Chapter at Misericordia University, is holding its ‘Don’t Tell Me to Slow Down...
Commonwealth Health supports American Heart Assocation
The Commonwealth Health committed to the largest ever sponsorship of the American Heart Association, Northeast Pennsylvania Division, by providing a t...
Wilkes pharmacy students finalists in competition
Wilkes University pharmacy students from the Nesbitt School of Pharmacy, Ashley Robold and Terra Landis, were finalists in the Pennsylvania Pharmacist...
Chad and Sara Lojewski respect each other’s game on the court
EXETER – Whether they’re taking in a youth basketball game, a college game or anything in between, the coach and the coach’s daughte...
Dallas resident Bob Matley retires from Community Bank N.A.
WILKES-BARRE — After a 42-year career of service to the banking industry and Community Bank N.A., Dallas resident Bob Matley has retired.Through...
YOUR SPACE: Share your favorite photos with Dallas Post readers
Marilyn Gregorski, of Dallas, recently spent a day in New York City and said the hustle and bustle of the crowds make the city more fun. Marilyn enjoy...
Big Bellies Deli, opening this month in Dallas, is all about convenience
DALLAS — Home-cooked “grab-and-go” meals are the focus of Big Bellies Deli, which plans to open this month at 2925 Memorial Hwy.Twen...
Only Yesterday: Alicia Roncevich, Tara Puffenberger and Peter Recchia played reindeer in school play in 1996
20 years ago - 1996Alicia Roncevich, Tara Puffenberger and Peter Recchia played reindeer in the annual Christmas play presented Sunday by the gate of ...
Chick-Fil-A Express opens at Misericordia University Nov. 10
DALLAS TWP. — Chick-Fil-A Express will open in the Banks Student Life building at Misericordia University in Dallas Thursday, Nov. 10.“Chi...